I was born in late 1947 in Cleethorpes in the UK, so I’m now in my seventies. Most people are surprised at my age when they meet me. I owned Life-Work Potential Limited for many years, but in 2020 I sold the business to Ergopathics Canada.
I also enjoy public speaking. Many people say, completely unprompted, that they find me inspirational – men, women, people of all ages, people in all sorts of jobs and with all sorts of life styles.
I enjoy weight training and politics. I was a vegetarian for over 40 years, and have been vegan since May 2015. I have been a trustee of Veganuary since 2019.
I love writing and finding interesting information to put on this blog. For over 20 years I was a complementary therapist. I also taught kinesiology in the UK and in Russia, USA, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland.
I’m passionately interested in health and well-being. I have written ten books and appeared on television and radio. I have also spoken at conferences in the UK, and in Russia, Australia and India.
I believe that good health and happiness can be achieved with often simple steps and fresh insights. I want to inspire you to take control of your own health and well-being as much as possible. This website is aimed at helping you become as fit and healthy and happy as is possible.
I also believe that it is important to be pro-active in the world. As part of this I give 25% of my income to a range of charities and campaigning organisations each year. These include
I was a trustee for the charity Village Water from 2009 to 2016.
What Other People Say About Me:
“Most out of the box thinker I’ve ever met – fascinating!”
“Inspirational zest for life.”
“Very refreshing and interesting to hear/see a different approach to life – made me think a lot ..”
- A contributor to Thrive Global (from January 2020)
- A contributor to www.sixtyandme.com (from December 2019 to September 2021)
- Podcast interview with the Silver Edge Over 50 Health and Wellness Podcast – episode 24 (September 2020)
- Podcast interview with the Goode Life UK (September 2020)
- Feature article about me in the magazine “Simply You” (April 2020)
- A contributor to Food Matters
- A contributor to Elephant Journal
- Podcast interview with Lisa Betts Lacroix for Super Power U Podcast. (March 2020)
- A gym video compilation featured in a Veganuary Instagram post.
- An online article on my gym activities and vegan beliefs appeared in several online websites (November 2019)
- Featured in a Facebook post by Powerofpositivity – a compilation of my videos and images from my Instagram feed (@thrivingjane). It has had over 191,000 views.
- Podcast interview with Janey Lee Grace for the Alcohol Free Life series September 2019
- Podcast interview by the CEO of WiSP Sports on my fitness and food journeys. September 2019
- Featured in a MillionDollarVegan Instagram and Facebook post, August 2019
- Owner of Life-Work Potential (from 19990’s to August 2020), when the business was sold to Ergopathics Canada.
- Speaker to employees of Citibank N.A London Branch on “A New Approach To Stress”, April 4th 2019
- Speaker on “Healthy Ageing” at the 20 Jahre Meridianum Conference, Schenkenzell, Germany, June 2018
- Speaker at Exeter Women In Business on “How To Love Money & Earn More”, October 2017
- Lifting 70 kg (154 lb) barbell for one rep max deadlift November 2020.
- Cycling from St Petersburg to Istanbul (2000+ miles) as part of an organised group in 2012
- Cycling from John O’Groats to Lands End (approx 800 miles) alone and without backup in 2011
- Cycling up Alpe d’Huez (21 hairpin bends over 13.8 km, with an average gradient of 7.9%)
- Cycling across the USA – Seattle to Gloucester (4200 miles) in 2004
- Completing the London Marathon in 2001
Published Professional Articles:
- Can Allergies Make You Fat? published in The Independent May 17 2005
- Allergies “First Peace” February 2000
- The Importance of Scars “South West Connection”, Aug/Nov 1999
- Latex Glove Allergy “The Dentist” June 1999
- The Potential of Health Kinesiology “South West Connection” April/July 1998
- Health Kinesiology “Caduceus” Issue 39, 1998
- Convincing Sceptics of The Efficacy of Complementary Medicine “Positive Health” March 1998
- Geopathic Stress “International Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine” April 1994
- Aromatherapy: Heaven Scent? “Building Services” [special edition of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineer’s Journal on Building Related Sickness], March 1993
Extracts From my professional CV:
- Speaker at the International Association of Specialized Kinesiologists (IASK) in Moscow, Russia, speaking on “The Energy Mismatch Protocol”, July 2019
- Speaker at the online Chronic Lyme Disease Summit, May 2018
- Speaker at World Of Quantum Energy Medicine Conference in Bangalore, India, 2016
- Speaker at the Australian Kinesiology Association annual conference, October 2013
- Speaker at the British Society of Dowsers conference, 2009
- Guest Speaker on “Electromagnetic and Geopathic Stress in the Working Environment” at a one day conference for engineers on Indoor Air Quality June 1993
- Guest on Livetime (Granada TV Channel) in September 1998 discussing stress and again in early 1999 discussing Kinesiology
- One of the three experts in an edition of “Housebusters” (UK Channel 5 television series on problems with houses) January 1998
- Featured In:
- Women’s Health April 2003
- Daily Express April 15th 1997, and April 17th 2000
- Fitness First Winter 1999-2000
- The Guardian April 22nd 1997
- Bath Chronicle Sept 23rd 1997
- Daily Mail November 12th 1994
- Contributor to several books on Kinesiology
- Founder contributor to Knowlative
- ‘Allergy A to Z’
- ‘Health Kinesiology’
- ‘Energy Mismatch’ – specialist book for kinesiologists
- ‘Verbal Questioning Skills For Kinesiologists’ – specialist book for kinesiologists
- ‘Geopathic Stress & Subtle Energy’
- ‘Nutritional Testing for Kinesiologists & Dowsers’ – specialist book for kinesiologists
Health Kinesiology in the UK, Germany, USA, Belgium, Switzerland and Turkey.
Teacher of a three day course on Geopathic Stress to engineers and interior designers in 1993.